Saturday, February 10, 2018

Week 4

What did you do this past week?
My group and I finally started on project 2! I am very excited to start on this project and do a lot of the backend work! Setting up the environment and workflow with the team was pretty tricky, we finally decided to use Docker and Amazon EC2 to simplify our workflow and publish our app on the internet. We secured our domain name (natphoto.me) and have already started pushing some front-end work onto the site.

What's in your way?
The part of my team that is working on backend needs to sit down and design the models and schematics for what our backend pipeline and data will look like. I have some experience with Flask but will need to spend more time working with it in order to implement the beginnings of our app’s back-end for this project. I would also like to read up on React so that I can help a little bit with the front-end if possible.

What will you do next week?
I plan on reading up on Flask and React so that I know the basics of all the technologies we will be using to create our app. Also, I plan to implement the back-end for project two as soon as possible in order to jump right into some of the project three requirements so that I can get ahead.

What's my experience of the class?
I wasn’t as interested in the lectures this week as I have been in previous weeks. I don’t have as much interest in the very obscure details of python syntax, and that is mostly what we covered this week which is why I had trouble paying attention. Although it is good to know these small syntax details, I think covering more things related to software engineering and web development would help prepare us for the project and keep people interested in the lectures!

Pick-of-the-week!

I have been using Python to do more image and object recognition this week! I highly recommend checking out YOLO for real-time object detection and deep learning for better object recognition results. Here is the link to YOLO: https://pjreddie.com/darknet/yolo/

No comments:

Post a Comment