1. What did you do this past week?
I spent most of this week working on the next phase of the project for the course. This phase involves searching, sorting, and filtering the data we populated the website with the last phase. Also, we must implement an intuitive and functional front-end so that people can visit our website and search, sort, and filter our models. This week was a lot of designing so that the entire team could be on the same page about how we plan to tackle these features this coming week.
2. What's in your way?
I am a little concerned that we have not planned out a strong enough design for the searching and sorting features that we plan on implementing next week. While I have no doubt that we will complete these features, I think that having a bit more time to learn about the technology would allow us to come up with a better implementation.
3. What will you do next week?
We will be implementing the searching, sorting, and filtering features of our website. Also, I need to call AWS so I don’t get charged. I got charged a few weeks ago and requested to see the billing statement, but that is surprisingly difficult to do on AWS.
4. What's my experience of the class?
I wish we had more time for this phase of the project. I am very busy this week and next and am worried that I will complete this phase before I have had time to fully digest the material and technologies we are using for searching, sorting, and filtering.
5. What's my pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
I recommend reading some of the blog posts on Miriam Grobman’s website here: https://www.miriamgrobman.com/blog
I really enjoyed the talk she gave last week and think that we need more talks like this in general. While I do enjoy technical talks, I think it is much more valuable to have talks on equality and the empowerment of minority groups. As CS majors we are constantly exposed to new technical topics; and I think by exposing us more to topics about inclusion, equality, soft skills, and social skills we are able to learn and become more well-rounded people.
No comments:
Post a Comment